MINFOF and TIKKI HYWOOD FOUNDATION Sign A Mou
- Date de Publication : 2021-06-28
The Ministry of Forests and Wildlife and the TIKKI HYWOO foundation signed a memorandum of understanding on June 25, 2021 in Yaoundé. This memorandum of understanding, a framework for collaboration between the State of Cameroon and this organization, aims at the conservation and protection of pangolin species in Cameroon. The actions envisaged will relate to:
- The establishment of infrastructure for the rescue and rehabilitation of pangolins
- The development of media awareness campaigns concerning pangolin species
- The establishment of a mechanism for ongoing research into pangolin species for the duration of the memorandum of understanding
- The development of inventory or summary biomonitoring projects relating to the geographic repair areas of pangolins
- Transfer of knowledge / skills according to the results obtained by the pangolin rescue and rehabilitation center
- The development of income-generating activities for the benefit of indigenous and riparian populations as an alternative to hunting and the consumption of bushmeat.
During the ceremony, MINFOF was represented by Jules Doret NDONGO, Head of Department and the Foundation by Ms. Angellia Yound.